For nearly 20 years, Sally Elkington has worked to redefine bankruptcy advocacy by representing debtors. From her main headquarters in Oakland and her satellite offices in El Sobrante, Ms. Elkington routinely files cases that span all of the Northern District of California’s divisions. Thanks to a triumphant history of practicing in the Northern District of California, she’s no stranger to the nuances of filing in distinct jurisdictions, and she feels honored to demystify the process for Californians from all walks of life.
Ms. Elkington earned her admission to the State Bar of California in 1989 following a successful education that included a Bachelor of Science in Speech and Communication Studies from San Francisco State University and a law degree from New College of Law of California. In addition to her current practice duties, she works to guide the forward evolution of bankruptcy law as a member in good standing of the Northern District of California Bench Bar Committee.
- Alameda County Bar Association (ACBA)
- Alameda County Bar Association (ACBA), Bankruptcy Section
- Bay Area Lawyers for Individual Freedom (BALIF)
- Contra Costa County Bar Association (CCCBA)
- National Association of Chapter 13 Trustees (NACTT)
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA)
- State Bar of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court of Northern District of California Bench-Bar
Honors and Recognitions
- President of the Alameda County Bar Association – 2012
- Volunteer Legal Services Corporation of the Alameda County Bar Association “Guardian of Justice”
Seminars and Presentations
- Law Review CLE.com, Bankruptcy Ch 13 101: The Plan
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees, Off Our Chest, Chronic and Recurring Problems and Issues in the Practice of Consumer Bankruptcy Law.
- Practicing Law Institute, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy: Its Value and How it Benefits Low-Income Debtors.
Thanks to Ms. Elkington's help I was able to get my discharge and get a new start, Thank you Sally for saving my home!!! Also a special shout out to Sarah Williams for helping me through the last steps related to this process and making sure everything went smoothly and keeping me informed. Sally and her staff are professional, knowledgeable and go beyond the call of duty in serving their clients. I highly recommend Ms. Elkington for all your bankruptcy needs.
Ms. Elkington spent an extraordinary amount of time with me then recommended to not file for bankruptcy. She referred me to another attorney and left him a message on my behalf while I was in her office. Ms. Elkington went above and beyond the call of duty during a consult. Her professionalism is amazing.
If you are ever in need of this very humbling service...Sally is your person. She puts you at ease with her friendly demeanor and non-judgemental attitude. She made this potentailly harsh process fairly painless as she walked us through from beginning to end. We can not recommend her enough services enough!