Ms. Elkington has been practicing law since 1989, and specifically consumer bankruptcy law for nearly 20 years, representing debtors exclusively. Ms. Elkington currently files in all of the divisions of the Northern District of California, and has also practiced in the Eastern District of California. Her main office is located in Oakland, California, with a satellite office in El Sobrante, California.
Ms. Elkington received her law degree from New College of Law of California, and earned a Bachelor of Science in Speech and Communication Studies, from San Francisco State University. She was admitted to the California state bar in 1989. She was also selected and currently serves as a member of the Northern District of California Bench Bar Committee.
Call Us Today At ♦ (510) 465-0404
- Alameda County Bar Association (ACBA)
- Alameda County Bar Association (ACBA), Bankruptcy Section
- Bay Area Lawyers for Individual Freedom (BALIF)
- Contra Costa County Bar Association (CCCBA)
- National Association of Chapter 13 Trustees (NACTT)
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA)
- State Bar of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court of Northern District of California Bench-Bar Liaison Committee
Honors and Recognitions
- President of the Alameda County Bar Association – 2012
- Volunteer Legal Services Corporation of the Alameda County Bar Association “Guardian of Justice”
Seminars and Presentations
- Law Review CLE.com, Bankruptcy Ch 13 101: The Plan
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees, Off Our Chest, Chronic and Recurring Problems and Issues in the Practice of Consumer Bankruptcy Law.
- Practicing Law Institute, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy: Its Value and How it Benefits Low-Income Debtors.
The use of the Internet or this form for communication with Elkington Shepherd LLP or any individual member of Elkington Shepherd LLP does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.